Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

The Glory of God's Wonders

The wintery weather is hanging around our area, which is great, because I love wintery weather.  As I woke up yesterday to a beautiful wet fallen snow, I went outside to take some pictures.  Sadly, The Lineman was working (had been all night) and I wanted him to see how beautiful everything was at our house.  It was so quiet and peaceful and fresh, and I stood in amazement at the glorious work of our Lord.  


Snapped this picture of the big white pine right out our kitchen window a few minutes before a big limb in it couldn't bear the weight anymore and broke.  





I have a hard time picking a favorite season -- my favorite is actually Fall because of the array of beautiful colors from the leaves and the bright blue sky that always seems to be a bit brighter in October.  But, it seems like when you are in the wonder of a particular season (like we are with winter now) I think to myself, oh maybe winter is my favorite season.  Or, as we approach spring and the grass turns green and the leaves on the trees bud out and the flowers stick their heads up and flash us bright colors, I think....oh I love spring too.  And in the middle of summer during a hot day, grilling and sitting in the pool, or when a summer storm passes by and cools everything off leaving the steam rising from the pavement, I think summer is the best.  It is so amazing that in all of God's seasons that he has provided these perfect glimpses into the wonders of His creations.  


I know I would probably be tired of the snow if I lived up north and had to continue to go to work in it every day, but that is one thing I love about where we live.  We are really not equipped to deal with the snow.  Many of our roads are mountainous and get very treacherous whenever they get snow and ice covered, so in our area, the world stops.  You get a pass for a day or two to sit and drink coffee, pile up with a good book and enjoy the company of your family.  I guess that is why I love it so much, because it brings this crazy world of ours to a halt.  


This week we have had a 1-2 punch of snow.  The first round came Monday night, when they were calling for 1-2 inches and we ended up getting around 4 inches...and the second bigger round came Wednesday evening, when it snowed about 6-8 inches in our area, depending on where you live.  It is still hanging on to the tree limbs and blanketing the grass this morning as the sun shines bright on it.  It is truly beautiful.  









These were from Monday nights snow...still beautiful, but just not quite as much snow as Wednesday night.  

I was able to get Carter out in the first snow on Tuesday and lucky for her my brothers brought their kids over to play.  I am way too pregnant to try to be sledding right now!  But, she loved it and she played until her eyes almost closed out in the cold snow.  She was exhausted afterwards and took a 3 hour nap.  Here are some pictures of our snowy week!



bundled up and ready to go!



"Mama, this is fun...best day ever!"




Had to sneak in a pic of the prettiest orange flashing against that beautiful white stuff. 


She wasn't too sure about the sledding


Next to the GIANT snowman uncle Brian made for her

I am glad we finally got a good snow this year and that Carter was able to experience it.  I can tell she is going to be just like me and love the snow.  Can't wait for it to come again!  :)

1 comment:

b. Ruth said...

Hey,
The best picture was the little sweetheart sledding. The next best picture was that infamous giant BIG ORANGE T flag with the white snow background!...LOL